*This challenge is complete but you can still participate below*
Praise God Saints! Today starts the first day of A Simple Christmas Story – Gospel of Luke – 20 Day Bible Study Reading Challenge! We’ve completed the Gospels of John, Matthew and Mark challenges and have continued to learn tons of information about Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Now we’re moving on to the simple story of Jesus birth!
Instead of reading the entire Gospel of Luke (which we should eventually complete), I thought it would be a good time to reflect on what God accomplished through humble servants of his miraculous birth!
Christmas shouldn’t all be about receiving gifts – but simply giving gifts of love to our friends, loved ones and neighbors. That’s why Jesus came and that’s why he died…
If you are new to my Bible Study Reading Challenges and want to start from the beginning reading the Gospel of John, click here.
After you’ve completed John, click here to read through the Gospel of Matthew along with your FREE Bible Study Journal and whimsical Bookmark 🙂
Next continue reading the Gospel of Mark along with your FREE Bible Study Journal and Weeks In A Glance by clicking here.
Are you ready to start this challenge? Me too! It’s simple…. Just read my TIPS and FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) before you get started and scroll to the bottom to receive your FREE Bible Study Journal and Week-1, 2, 3 and 4 in A glance.
God loves you and so do I,
TIPS: Digging deeper into Scripture
Repetitive reading can take us deeply into Gods word, which increases our understanding and draws us closer to Jesus and the life that we pattern ourselves after.
- 1st read – Familiarize yourself with what God is saying. Notice people and places and try to imagine the scene in your mind.
- 2nd read – Notice what word or phrase and verse stands out to you and highlight it for reference and further meditation. Look up words you don’t know on a Bible concordance
- 3rd read – Pray as you read though the verse thanking God for his word.
- 4th read – Ask God to show you how he wants you to live based on the verse. Is there something he would want you to start, stop or continue doing?
- Receive your Bible Study Journal to record your scripture highlights, prayers and what you learned from God’s word for the day below.
- 4 Weekly scripture readings at a glance to print for your convenience below.
FAQ: How do I participate in this study?
- We will read 5-6 verses per day – following my reading plan. I’ve tried to make it as simple as possible. Kids, teens and bible study beginners can even follow along! Saturday and Sunday are your FREE days to spend time with family and friends or deeper study. Yea!
- You can choose to study at home alone, with family or a group of friends, following the guide of the study plan. Feel free to Share this Page! 🙂 I believe God gives us what He would have us to learn from the bible study reading alone or you can share in your study group if the spirit leads!
- I’m doing something different and will not be posting recaps on Mondays in this study. You can find me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I’ll share the daily readings on all three, for your convenience. If you would like to share your thoughts on any of my pages, feel free to do so…
Here’s a link to my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/wandalball1
In order to get my notifications, please “Like my page” then check “Get notifications” so you won’t miss any journal entries or thoughts 🙂 If you miss a day, just pick up the next day and keep moving!
Gospel of Luke – 20 Day Bible Study Journal
Click here to download your copy
Day 1 Example
Week 1 In A Glance
Week 2 In A Glance
Week 3 In A Glance
Week 4 In A Glance
You of Little Faith is a devotional journal that you will enjoy with this study, with any study of choice or just for daily reflection. It’s filled with scriptures and journal space that helps build your faith in God when you’re facing the hardships of life. Order Today and add this journal to your collection this holiday season!